Sunday, January 3, 2016

Memories that bind and separate

Those flying planes and shining lights,
From the road we take they impress,
You and I, used to seek these small pleasures,
In an attempt to create memories that last forever,

How much ever You run away from my doorsteps,
There will come a time when we look back,
You and I might still be running down the same highway,
Companions might change but the path of light will not sway,

Memories that once bound us,
Might survive in piecemeal when we lose this thrust,
I am creating a room for I want to lose this baggage,
There might be someone who fills up the vacated space,

What will we gain by holding on,
Ruffled emotions that throw us into an unwanted zone,
You and I willfully squander these chances,
In search of an elusive essential, called peace.

No comments: