Thursday, February 18, 2016

About you and me

If I start to count,
a zillion thoughts I fail to discount,
when you looked upto me and I to you,
even in fragile times we could pursue,

What was unwritten and merely a chance,
your meeting me was nothing but a fleeting glance,
there were two worlds very different that we knew,
then I dared to take a step into the open space,

You reciprocated to me with a similar grace,
the two worlds still stick around,
while I am with you on a parallel ground,
why will I compare you to someone not in our plane,

There is enough to fathom in you that I wont complain,
in a jiffy, you retreating from an unspoken promise,
the worlds are shaken and we suffer from unwanted disdain,
for matters that were momentary, and lapses akin to a temporary stain,

What is bigger I ask,
you me or the argument that is no more than a farce,
I can hold on to my world and you to yours,
But there is this force that strengthened us and there is no remorse,

In those zillion moments that we spent,
a handful won't cause an irreconcilable dissent,
that I will still need you for those zillion times,
and build a world of ours with nothing but your smile.

No comments: